Monday, August 31, 2009

Preparing for the first day of the rest of my life.


I never imagined I'd be where I am now. No child dreams of becoming a chef, let alone a sushi chef, while growing up.

I remember wanting to be a scientist...or pro gamer as a kid. Hell, just last week I was still trying to land a job at blizzard for a GM position so nothing prepared me for this sudden turn of events. In fact I'm still staggering from shock and awe.

Tomorrow is my first day training under a Japanese master sushi chef. This will be an interesting adventure as I take on the intricacies of how nigiri, sushi & sashimi is made. Other than the sushi I will also be learning how to do sukiyaki, shabu shabu, tempura, miso, udon & soba.

Hopefully I can do well enough to impress my sensei so that he will make me a employee in one of his restaurants. God willing, in a few years I'll be able to open a little sushi bar of my own one day!

I'll be training 4 hours in the kitchen, 5 days a week for 2 months and this is my blog.

JL

ps. Talk about a major departure from what I majored in. (Business administration)

1 comment:

  1. Jia yo! Looking to hearing more about your adventures! How did you meet the Sensei?

    ReplyDelete